Monday, October 17, 2011

European Vacation - Day 7


God created the world and man in 6 DAYS...and found that it is was well.

Vatican City, Italy


Vatican City, Italy

We have been told that, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before."
Pres. Uchtdorf

Vatican City, Italy
See... that's right!

... creating something out of nothing.
Vatican City, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

As I walked today through St.Peters Basilica and the Sistine chapel...creation was everywhere. Mans need to create...statues, mosaics, frescoes, tapestries,
Vatican City, Italy

the buildings weren’t buildings... they themselves were art!
Vatican City, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

Then outside as I walked, more creation... piazzas surrounded by beautiful columnades, ornately carved fountains, mounds of swirling gelato, flower arrangements, even down to the lasagna and bruschetta.
Gelato

Vatican City, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

Are my photos a creation... or are they capturing someone else’s creation?
Rome, Italy

Vatican City, Italy

Spanish Steps, Rome, Italy
Can you find me?

Rome, Italy


I’d like to think that they are a tool of creation, so that others might see things in a different way. Having the camera in my hand, helps me see differently... observing this art has helped me see things differently....

Trevvi Fountain, Rome, Italy

Trevvi Fountain, Rome, Italy

One thing I know for sure....Seeing all of these paintings of larger, Renaissance ladies , I would have been HOT in the Renaissance... I might have even been a model!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Gelato....... a beautiful creation indeed!

Unknown said...

wooow! nice pic

Anonymous said...

Florence is most definitely nicer and cosier than Rome. I am in love with Florence and that marvellous Ponte Vecchio!

Carolynn said...

I enjoyed your photos very much. I love Italy too and have traveled there 3 times (and am booked again to return in 2015). However, I did want to let you know (should you return to Florence) that the statue in the square is merely a copy. The real David is in the Accademia museum in Florence. The copy in the square is 'okay' but you have to see the original! No comparison. Really.

Daniel Asar said...

bellissime immagini...bravo